Storage and Picking System for Publication goods
System Requirements (Areas of Improvement)
- The lifecycle and storage period from new issue of a book until it goes out of print is long in the resale system, requiring large volume of storage space.
- Capable of handling large numbers of products.
- Capable of handling heavy, labor intensive products.
- Ascertain demand in real time, avoiding lost sales opportunities.
- Facilitate efficiency of returns and distribution.
- Space-saving and efficient multi-storied AS/RS.
- Inventory control system updated with new books and returned books in realtime, avoiding lost sales opportunities.
- Automated sorting, picking, and replenishment saves space and labor.
- Picking is supported by an information system, preventing errors.
- Sorting system separates paperbacks by destination.
Features of Installed Equipment
- These systems increase product storage efficiency.
Automated Overhead Traveling Vehicles (SKY RAV)
- Required quantities are automatically replenished according to a replenishment plan.
- These vehicles save horizontal space by making use of overhead space.
- Changing to bucket AS/RS enables on-time replenishment.
- Introduction of picking systems improves efficiency.
Back to Warehouse Management