Building In-Factory Systems for Foodstuff Plants
System Requirements (Areas of Improvement)
- 24-hour non-stop production.
- Establish traceability (from raw materials and packaging materials to final goods).
- Keep Clean.
- Automatic weighing of raw materials, automatic insertion and filling, and automation of packaging processes, all with reduced space requirements.
- Realtime supply of raw materials monitored by a process computer.
- Architecture, facilities design, and system construction that takes dust and HACCP (hazard analysis critical control point) into account.
- Satisfies stringent food safety and health standards, and supports quality control.
- Provides for temporary storage of raw materials, work in progress, and finished goods, as well as Auto Storage and Retrieval System (AS/RS) for automatic supply to the lines, and facilitate uniform flow of work to the next process.
- Development of automatic guided vehicle that enable direct carrying to Filling/packing machines.
- Achieves automatic supply to mixing lines.
Features of Installed Equipment
- Load detection by wire and measures against insect damage.
- Use of power and optical transmission cables prevents damage by dust and vermin.
- Use of sensors for positioning of crane and carriage. (anti-dust measure).
- Stainless steel is used for anchors and other contact parts to prevent against rust damage.
- Detection by limit switch. (Mechanical activation of limit switches prevents mis-operation caused by vermin)
Automated Transportation & Sorting Vehicles (RTN-X)
- Use of power and optical transmission cables prevent short circuits caused by dust and vermin.
- Limit switches are used for detection. Mechanical activation of limit switches prevents mis-operation caused by vermin.
- Stainless steel guides prevent rust damage.
Laser-guided Vehicle (LGV)
- Enables direct transfer of containers to equipment.
- Adapts flexibly to changes in layout.
- Compact design makes effective use of space.
- Highly precise stopping accuracy (± 5 mm) enables precise loading onto vehicle.
Automatic Weight check Systems
- Automatic transportation of raw materials and empty containers based on the weight data.
- Automatic weight checkers allows for unattended weight check.
- Complete automation can be achieved by integrating the raw material AS/RS with the relay shelf.
Automatic insertion into Systems
- Completely automatic operation can be realized.
- Raw materials and work in progress can be automatically inserted into the system based on the production plan data.
- Insert operation can be unmanned by using a transfer unit.
- Can be used together with relay Auto Storage and Retrieving System (AS/RS).
Back to Manufacturing