System for Automobile Manufacturing Line
System Requirements (Areas of Improvement)
- Establish an on-time parts supply system.
- Improve the quality and performance of individual parts.
- Increase precision of assembly of composite parts.
- Reduces worker down time (time away from assembly work).
- Creates a just-in-time parts supply system.
- Supports realtime process follow-up by combining work terminals and control systems.
- Equipment designed to be able to support various types of product packaging supplied from multiple vendors.
- Layout design that enables well-timed supply of items to subsequent processes utilizing unattended and automated overhead traveling vehicles.
Features of Installed Equipment
- Computerized control of received work pieces.
- Shipped articles can be traced using data management based on part and lot numbers.
- Just-in-time supply of work pieces to lines through coordination with process control computers.
- Multiple assembled work pieces and are stored in buckets and delivered directly to manufacturing lines.
Automated Overhead Traveling Vehicles (SKY RAV)
- Efficiently utilizes overhead space, and simultaneously supplies and recovers parts.
- Quiet design minimizes disturbance to the working environment.
- Well-timed supply of parts based on work progress information.
Magnetic-guided Automated Transportation Vehicles (AGV)
- Uses a magnetic tape induction system that can be easily modified to accommodate line changes.
- Compact, low-profile design (transportation level of 450 mm) lets you set up an easy to use low-level transportation system.
Back to Manufacturing