Piece Picking System at a Medical Manufacturer
Requirements (Areas of Improvement)
- Flexible system that adapts to changes in shipping quantity.
- Zero mistakes.
- Short lead time.
- Lot control and traceability.
- Simple operation.
- A system that supports fast and accurate inspection.
- Improves productivity through reduced material and human costs.
- Not overly dependent on equipment capacity. Flexible to enlargement and change in response to change in distribution quantity.
- Simple operation that does not require specialists and supports management of the center.
- Shrinks lead times, flexibly adapts to increases in number of deliveries, and improves distribution services.
Features of Iinstalled Equipment
- High product quality is maintained by separating storage of cold and room temperature items according to the product characteristics.
- Storage for replenishment to picking shelves.
- Storage for replenishment to picking shelves and for shipping by case unit.
Automated Overhead Traveling Vehicle (SKY RAV)
- Automatic replenishing to picking shelves, no replenishment workers and zero-waiting for replenishments.
- Space-saving design makes efficient use of overhead space.
Digital Picking Systems
- Digital picking systems - Simple and accurate picking systems include Picking shelves equipped with digital displays or map cart where items to be picked, quantities, and other information are displayed for easy execution by operator.
Systems using Handy Terminal
- Portability and ease of operation facilitates use in a wide range of applications.
- Handy terminal is not at a fixed location that makes it flexible to adapt changes in distribution quantity.
Back to Warehouse Management