Metropolitan Large Scale Delivery Center for a Foodstuff Manufacturer
System Requirements (Areas of Improvement)
- 24-hour non-stop operation.
- Support control and management of products from time of receipt (from factory) upto delivery at specified time.
- Management by separate lots; waiting for inspection at the factory, and by destination.
- Complete freshness control and traceability (maintain food safety).
- Energy saving and labor saving low cost operation.
- A multiple distribution center with factory-adjacent storage and warehouse functionality, and integrated distribution and cross-docking functions.
- Ensure traceability by using ITF coding and merchandise data.
- Delivery simulations to achieve extremely high truck loading efficiencies, reducing the number of trucks required.
Features of Installed Equipment
- Items to be stored at room temperature and to be stored at a fixed temperature are accurately monitored to ensure traceability.
Layer Picking Systems
- Picking by Layer where stacked pallets are destacked by layer.
- Highly efficient order picking system.
- Effective storage of various case sizes and weights.
- Products received from outside can be stored and warehoused for cross-docking.
- Synchronized with upstream Picking equipment for quick retrieval to the upstream process.
- Order based automatic picking of shipping cases.
- Palletizing is done by robots based on delivery simulations that are derived from factors like shipping efficiency and load stability.
Back to Warehouse Management