Home Center responding to Fluctuations in Demand and Seasonal Changes
System Requirements (Areas of Improvement)
- Center administration for low cost operation and high productivity.
- Center managed for expandability and flexibility, allowing it to cope with fluctuations in demand and seasonal changes.
- Shortened lead times from receipt of order to delivery to store shelves.
- Center stores products from overseas and keeps large quantities of stock on hand all in one place.
- Mechanisms for efficient storage of diverse types of merchandise.
- Juxtaposing AS/RS and floor storage area to raise efficiency of storage and guarantee sufficient flexibility to cope with fluctuating inventories.
- Sort products in large quantities by destination store with high-speed sorter.
- Management and control of worker assignment according to shipping quantity raises the productivity of the center.
- Products with difficult-to-store shapes can be stored using a high performance WMS.
Features of Installed Equipment
- Construction of a back-picking system using AS/RS.
- Retrieval of items to be picked from the warehouse, and replenishment performed by a high-speed stacker crane.
- AS/RS can be utilized as picking device.
- By creating an integrated system with digital picking, handy terminals, and picking carts, multiple loose parts can be filled in accurately and efficiently.
Steel Belt Sorter
- Eases the burden of workers, shortens work lead times, and greatly increases productivity.
- Superior noise-reduction and durability.
- High-speed sorting by store and direction.
- Provides stable sorting regardless of shape and size.
Vertical stacking Palletize System
- Automatically loads cartons directly into caster wheel carts, making loading efficient.
Back to Distribution