Picking Systems That Support Mail Order and Gift Sales
System Requirements (Areas of Improvement)
- Highly productive mechanisms that provide accurate support for the increasing numbers of items and destinations.
- Waves of distribution are large (fluctuations in seasons and merchandise flow), requiring highly flexible systems.
- Mechanisms that flexibly meet every last need of a diverse range of customers (rush orders, delivery on specific days, delayed payment, payment on delivery systems, gift wrapping, etc.)
- Creates a system that can handle over forty-thousand products and deliver them just-in-time to stores (one-day delivery).
- Raising the level of automation enables operating at current volumes with one-third of the workers.
- Computer-ordered work at a fixed point (no walking) facilitates a zero-mistake system.
- Helps you manage the work and results of your staff, and create work schedules and job assignments based on those results.
- Also flexibly supports delivery to individuals for which there is a continuous demand.
Features of Installed Equipment
Pallet Auto Storage and Retrieving System (AS/RS)
- Enables storage of large quantities and timely retrieval from the warehouse.
Free-Size Auto Storage and Retrieving System (AS/RS)
- Fast stacker crane synchronizes arrival of the picked goods with their cases at the picking point, and enables fast processing at fixed points.
High-speed Automatic Dispatch Machines (Space Storage)
- Supports space storage that can ship large quantities of diverse product for storage and shipping of merchandise with seasonal fluctuations in quantity.
Automatic Packaging Systems
- Automated packaging of cases for shipping items with many parts. Conveyor automates transportation from encapsulation, bonding, to the area where air inflatable packaging is added.
Automatic Wrapping Systems
- Linking an automatic case opener with an automatic random size shrink wrapper achieves increased efficiency and ease of operation.
Back to Distribution