Traceability System at a Foodstuff Wholesaler
System Requirements (Areas of Improvement)
- Supports CPFR and GDS
- Center administration for low cost operation and high productivity
- Center managed for expandability and flexibility, allowing it to cope with fluctuations in demand and seasonal changes.
- Shortened lead times from receipt of order to delivery to store shelves.
- A back-picking AS/RS system that combines storage and picking functions.
- Design with interface to CPFR1and GDS2
- Shipping system that takes into account category management.
- Easy operation increases productivity.
- Floor storage of goods that is capable of responding to changes in distribution quantity is monitored flexibly by the WMS.
- Enables support for traceability (product history and tracing) using bar coding and RFID.
- Provides for a system that unites people with facilities in order to be able to complete tasks by optical planning even when design values are exceeded.
1.Collaborative Planning Forecasting and Replenishment: The process of product planning, demand forecasting, and inventory replenishment by retailers and manufacturers.
2.Global Data Synchronization: the synchronization of product information
Features of Installed Equipment
- Construction of a back-picking system using AS/RS.
- Retrieval of items to be picked from the warehouse, and replenishment performed by a high-speed stacker crane.
- Forklift not required for picking.
- AS/RS can be utilized as picking device.
- By creating an integrated system with digital picking, handy terminals, and picking carts, multiple loose parts can be filled in accurately and efficiently.
- Inventory control of floor storage goods and picking orders.
- Work progress information is obtained in realtime, and work orders and staff assignments are controlled and monitored based on results data.
Handy Terminal System
- By using a handy terminal system for picking, work orders, work progress, and results can be obtained in real time.
- Installation in a non-fixed location allows flexible adaptation to changes in work quantity.
Back to Distribution